domingo, 12 de maio de 2013

REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (ending rewrited by the Red Shoes)




The red shoes and I were watching “Rebel Without a Cause” on the other night. We have wanted to see it for a long time and now that we did they seem quite disappointed. They were squeezing my feet when the movie ended. I tried to ignore it. The day after they I felt that they were bored and a bit sad. And today I felt an urge to write that came (you won’t believe it!) from my feet! Turns out they liked the movie but they didn’t like the end, so I have to rewrite it. Yes, me! I have to be presumptuous enough to think that I can do a better version of an epic movie. Well, but I guess I have to keep the shoes happy… It is my time to thank them. And if they want a happier ending for the movie, they will get it.


(Jim and Plato are at the planetarium)

Jim: Do you see that star over there, Plato? I can’t talk to you if I can’t see you.

(Pluto shoes up behind Jim)

Plato: I’m right here. I’m afraid my time has come…

Jim: Hey, don’t talk like that. I care about you, all right? We care about you. Judy is outside waiting for us. We can overcome this together.

Plato (crying and visibly frightened): I will do it, you know. I don’t want to hurt you… But you left me just like my dad and then my mom…

Jim:  It’s ok. We will never leave you. Would you borrow me your gun, please? Just for a second…

Plato (screaming) : No, the gun is the only thing that is keeping you here.. If I let it go, I will never see you again. You are only here because you are afraid I’m going to hurt you or Judy…

Jim: I’m afraid you will hurt yourself. I need you to trust me. Don’t you trust me, Plato?

Plato: I have nobody in this world…

Jim: You have us. You can live with us.

Plato: Really?

Jim: Of course. Now, would you pass me the gun?

Plato (goes mad and screams really loud): Never… You and I can never be together in this world… (points the gun at Jim) Maybe there is another way… Do you believe in heaven? In a place  where we would never feel lonely or misunderstood? Do you? (gets really excited almost maniac and he is still pointing the gun at Jim) Wouldn’t it be great?

(Judy appears behind Plato and grabs his arm, the one who is holding the gun. A shot echoes in the planetarium).

Outside

(the police hears the shot and starts running, entering the building)

Planetarium

(Jim is bleeding. The shot hit his leg. Judy is fighting with Plato, trying to take the gun from him. Suddenly, Plato realizes that Jim is hurt. He drops the gun and starts to cry. Judy grabs the gun and runs into Jim)

Plato: What have I done? I hurt my only friend… (Plato cries more)

(The police enter the planetarium)

Ray: Police. Drop your guns!

(Judy drops the gun. Plato is still crying, lay down on the floor. He doesn’t seem to have listened Ray. When the police realize he is not armed, he is immediately arrested and doesn’t offer resistance. Plato seems absolutely defeated)

Ray: Oh boy, you are in real trouble this time…

 Judy (to Ray): Jim is hurt. Can someone please call an ambulance? (to Jim) It’s going to be ok. I’m going to take care of you.

Jim (smiling): Forever?

Judy: Well, if you take care of me too…

Jim: Always. You know I love you, right?

(They kiss passionately)

                                                               10 years later

(Judy and Jim are at a park playing with two kids. One of them is wearing a red jacket. They seem really happy. Jim is laming.)

Judy: Jim look over there, it’s Plato!

Jim: I can’t believe it. After all these years… I have to go talk to him.

Judy: Are you sure that’s a good idea?

Jim: Sure… It has been a long time ago…  (calling Plato) Hey, you! Plato! Remember me?

Plato:  Jim?! Judy?!  I have never expected to see you again. 

Judy: How are you doing?

Plato: I'm ok The reformatory  was terrible but gave me time to rethink my actions. I grew up and figured that I have hurt people who cared about me. You see that beautiful girl over there? She is my wife and the boy next to her is my son. They are my life now and I have never been this happy. Jim, I’m so sorry for what I have done to you. I have to thank you for all that you have done for me. You believed in me when you didn’t have reasons to do so. I was sick…

Jim: Well, I’m glad you are happy but I don’t know if I can ever forgive you… My leg was never the same. I thought I could talk to you like nothing happened but I can’t. Goodbye Plato.

Judy: God bless you. Bye.

(Jim and Judy walk away holding hands. Plato watches them as they leave until he can no longer see them. He turns to his wife and son and holds them)

The End

(Well, the movie probably wouldn’t have become so iconic if it had this ending but I can finally feel my feet again. The red shoes are very sensitive. I think they may have a crush on my new red bag…  Otherwise why would they make me write this? Well, red is indeed the color of passion… Well, I do hope the “happy” ending doesn't ruin the movie completly. See you on the next trip!)

Red Shoes
 













Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário